With all the hullabaloo about my injury, I haven't posted a single picture of a sheep or a lamb from the notorious weekend that was Memorial Day. The Colorado mountains were so beautiful and green. And I loved all the sheep baa-ing - lamb seeking momma ewe, momma ewe calling after a lost lamb - talking and nurturing their new little ones. Those are the good momma ewes. I went outside near the lambing pens on Sunday morning and just walked around listening to the sheep. It was really a nice peaceful moment to think about the significance lambs and shepherding have in religious history and the symbolism that is still applicable today.
The lambs are bred so the ewes produce twins or triplets, preferably. I tell ya, picking up those lambs, you can sure tell which ones are twins and which ones are singles. There are some hefty little lambs in some of those pastures.
As Fernandez says, Welcome to Zero!
(as in pasture #0 - many of these pictures are from pasture #0)
Fantastic pictures, as always, Emmy.
ReplyDelete