Thursday, July 8, 2010

Annual Beach Pilgrimage 2010

The beach came at the perfect time for me this year. I packed my stuff in a big backpack, took up my crutches and tried to look at injured as possible.  I got to sit on the front row on both flights, was the first to board the plane and even got a ride in a wheelchair through the Atlanta airport.  I admit I felt a lot like my grandma. 

Then came the long drive to NC - during which we stopped at every possible restaurant that sold ice cream.  And bought some.  And ate it.  (I think it started with our peach milkshakes at Chick-fil-A...so happy it's peach season!)  Well, lots of great things happened on this year's beach trip. 

1. Great house - with two kitchen faucets and three sinks - I think it's a must have for any kitchen
2. Great weather - we gratefully missed the heat wave of the previous and preceeding weeks
3. Great people - I just love my family, what more can I say?
4. Great books to read - Children of the Promise series, Chick-fil-A Truett Cathy autobiography, The Help - highly recommend all three
5. Great food - you just can't eat better tasting food, we have some talented chefs in the family
6. Great games - are you 'cookie'???  'Ligretto!' 'do you see any pieces for the white picket fence?'
7. Great photo ops...the results of which are below....

Sweet girl



A Little Mermaid

Best Friends

Boogie boarding

on the deck at Sharky's


Recording Will walking on the beach

Bocce Ball diehards

Bocce ball diehard wannabes

No comments:

Post a Comment