Thursday, June 3, 2010

I fell off a horse

The background: Last Monday I was riding a horse in Colorado, got thrown off, the horse fell on me, and I broke a bone in a few places.  We're still in Colorado.

The story: Last night I was talking with Nancy and her mother-in-law.  We somehow got talking about scars.  I pointed to this new scar on my arm and said, 'this is already started to scar and I just got it on Monday.'  My friend and her mother-in-law looked at me with very confused faces. Then Nancy says in all seriousness, 'What happened on Monday?'  I responded - 'Uh, I fell off a horse.' 

We laughed really hard.  It hurt.

4 comments:

  1. So i got the story like 5th-hand and heard you broke your pelvis--is that true?! I hope you are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but is the scar from you falling off the horse or the horse falling on you?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to tell when exactly that scrape occurred.

    Right-o - fractured the pelvic bone in 3 places. I am getting better each day. It helps a lot that your mom and Carol and Bob are now taking care of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now what happened on Monday? I thought it was just a little scratch on a barbed-wire fence! Maybe from all that docking we were doing!!!! :)Nancy

    ReplyDelete