Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Spring is Finally Here!


Oh wait, not yet.  It's SNOWING outside.  Yep, that's what I woke up to yesterday morning. SNOW.  The most snow on record this late in the season.  It's the end of May.  And so campgrounds at national and state parks that were planning to open for Memorial Day weekend are now closed at least one more week because they are still snowed under.  What does that mean for me?  Well, I'm not going to a state or national park for the weekend, but I did want to go to a national park the NEXT weekend.  Yep, up to the cabin.  I had already had someone check when the road was going to open - by Memorial Day Weekend - perfect, right!?  Then it dumped 2 feet up snow up there.  So here's hoping the next 2 weeks are very warm so all that snow will melt right into the lakes and rivers =)

2 comments:

  1. i just read the last three months of your blog.... for the FIRST time! why isn't my blog roll updating your blog posts?!?!? and all this time i was just thinking you weren't blogging these days! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all....you are so pretty!!! Second of all, I am so jealous of your cabin adventures!

    ReplyDelete