Thursday, May 20, 2010
Food Cravings
Don't worry! I'm not pregnant. But I still have food cravings. Sometimes really odd ones. Like I usually crave vegetables. Out of the blue, all I want is vegetables. I never get meat cravings. Cravings for cookies, definitely. Fruit cravings, yes. When I have dinner and there is a meat, vegetable, salad, roll, etc. - you know a well rounded meal - I always eat my veggies first. Like the past two days. I had BBQ. I ate my squash medley and green beans before I even took a bite of my meat - both times veggies first. It's not even intentional. Today, I ate my lunch at 10 a.m. (typical) and wasn't going to be home til almost 9 p.m.. Instead of getting a sandwich or something for dinner, I really wanted the spinach salad I had in my fridge, so I held out. It was a really good salad - blackberries, spinach, craisins, sugared pecans, and my own concoction of honey garlic vinegar and oil dressing. Then I cooked up the huge squash in my veggie drawer and ate almost the whole thing (I won't go into detail about how I put too much oil in the pan and essentially fried the squash - not the healthiest, but it's still a vegetable)! Parents - don't worry too much if your child doesn't eat veggies now. There's hope. I love them now. So much so that I CRAVE them. That's just odd to me. But it tastes so good, I don't mind one bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment