And, just when you think you're too good for the tap water in the bathroom sink, don't miss the price tag on this bottle of water.
I just got back from a quick trip to Dallas, TEXAS! I found out Friday night I might be going, found out Monday night my definite travel schedule, left work at lunch time to get on a plane. I didn't get the job, BUT I had a GREAT time on my quick visit. I got to see my friend Tara and her wonderful family. They came to pick me up from the airport and we went to Sonny Bryan's BBQ - the last place I ate in Dallas when Tara and Jeff got married. It was so fun to see their little girl Sydney and to visit with them again. I am so blessed to have such great friends.
I also have a lot of family in the Dallas area. I gave my aunt a quick call this morning, left a message and she came to pick me up after my interviews. We went to lunch at Dickie's BBQ (yes, I am just find eating BBQ two days in a row - it's TEXAS for goodness sake. What else are you going to eat - Chinese?) We tried to get my cousins to come, but they were hold outs.
So for less than 24 hours and a few hours' notice, I got a lot done!!!
Bummer about the job, but try again! It would be AWESOME to have more family in Texas!! And if you stay longer next time, call me so we can come up and see you!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had fun on your quick trip :)That stinks that the job didn't pan out, but like Robyn said, try again! It would be so nice to have you there.
ReplyDelete