Friday, February 12, 2010

happy things

Went to the mailbox yesterday, shoveled snow the sidewalk!!  First time shoveling snow.  By the way where did the snow come from?  We were having GORGEOUS weather and snow was not in the forecast.  Sunny skies for the next 10 days.  And now snow and rain.  Of course it all melted by the afternoon, so not too much to complain about.  It is still really warm.  Happy I'm not in Logan anymore. 


My friend just started working at Dreyers.  Now we get fresh ice cream in our freezer every day!  Yesterday - Cookie dough.  I need to find a job soon.  Far away from here! 


Same friend bakes cakes for people.  Like for birthdays and weddings.  Two weeks in a row she has  baked cakes here and they smell so good and I can't eat any of it!  Good thing for cookie dough ice cream last night. 


Been waking up between 5 and 6:30 a.m. the past few days.  Wow!  You can get a lot done with an extra 3 hours.  Start your day off right.  Some personal meditation time.  I've had the days all planned out.  Soon I'll be a consistent member of the 5:00 club.  I've been listening to motivational podcasts from Robin Sharma on my runs: Life is Short, Get Up Early


Bedtime Stories!  Yay for Skype and reading bedtime stories with my niece in GA this week.  She gets excited to see me when I call.  Who knew she'd like me so much better on the computer screen than in real life?  Bedtime when I was her nanny was not so agreeable!   PS - she likes pictures of horses too.

Went swimming also.  Perfecting my stroke.  I'm getting pretty good at it.  Knowing the right technique really helps you swim better and longer.  It's all about how to breathe, look back, gently roll your head, elbows up, hand straight in, the S-shape push.  I even did a few flip turns for the first time since I was on swim team so many years ago!  Good thing my mentor is taking classes so she can pass on everything she learns.  =)   I'm ever so grateful. 

So many wonderful things in life to enjoy....

2 comments:

  1. Those ARE happy things! Except maybe waking up at 5:00 AM. Maybe one day I'll be an early riser...

    ReplyDelete