Monday, February 22, 2010

Classic Winter Food

Saturday I started a project to gather and organize all of the recipes I have on my computer and in old emails.  I created this little recipe book in OneNote.  It's so great.  And will be even better if you send any recipes you want to share!  I realized I had a lot of soup recipes and that those were some of my favorites, or at least what I was craving Saturday morning.  But soup was not on my weekly menu the last time I went grocery shopping, so the craving had to be passified until I run out of food again. 

Then we got a call from our home teacher reminding us we were to come to his house for lunch on Sunday.  It won't be anything fancy, he says, just soup and sandwiches.  Soup!!  Soup did you say!?  Oh, how excited was I as I watched my friends butter the bread for toasted cheese sandwiches loaded with creamy white mozzerella cheese.  And oh how delicious was my first, second, tenth bite of the delicious Fire Roasted Tomato soup-out-of-a-box-from-Costco.  Seconds please! 



The perfect combination for a chilly Sunday afternoon.  Oh wait.  Did I mention I wore a short sleeves to church with no coat?  No wonder I was chilly.

1 comment: