We went to Cancun for our honeymoon (it's become a family tradition)! And it was wonderful. All my thanks to my wonderful brother for his travel planning skills who recommended the hotel we stayed at. We did the all-inclusive package and it was awesome.
We flew from Buffalo to Cancun (via Charlotte) and took a taxi from the Cancun airport to the Port so we could take the ferry to Isla Mujeres where we would spend the next 6 days...
| Darren at the Cancun port. The big yellow and blue boat was the quick 20 minute ferry to the island. |
| on the ferry - don't you just love the blue water and skies?? |
| we walked from the Puerto Juarez on the island to the hotel. This was our view... |
| these were the little thatched umbrellas we sat under and ordered pina coladas until we were full. |
| I have to say, looking at our wedding bands makes me so excited. I love seeing a ring on Darren's finger and I love the added band on my hand. |
| One night we had dinner on the beach right next to the water. They had this big seafood buffet out with special tables. It was so cool to eat and hear the water lapping on the beach right next to us. |
| This is where we ate breakfast each morning and dinner several times during the week. Can you beat the view? And the food was really good. Cooked to order omelets and croissants for breakfast. Mmmm.. |
Ok, now I have to go grocery shopping and wait to post more later. We've been back for 3 days and are about out of the pasta and eggs that we had in the kitchen. Everything else had gone bad while we were on our trip. We have left cheese, condiments, cereal (but no milk) and that's about it. And it's 5 pm and Darren should be home in 30 minutes. I'm starting out this married life pretty well!
I think that you should chronicle every week of your married life! I love hearing how you are! Sounds like a wonderful honeymoon :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures from Week 1 :) Sounds like you guys had a great time!
ReplyDelete