Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Back East

I took a trip back East last weekend to visit this guy...


While I was there, we went to Palmyra to see some Church sites.  I was thinking it would be a great day for pictures and to enjoy being outside.  Well, if you think you're the only one with crazy weather, think again.  Everyone is having crazy weather.  Like one day it's 64 degrees and the next it snows and two days later it's 60 degrees again.  Well, last weekend, we did have snow flurries, mixed with sunny skies, and warm enough weather I had the windows down driving around town at one point.  Add to that some really strong winds and they might be the reason there are no photos of me that day.  After being on top of the Hill Cumorah and getting blown around - seriously it was hard to walk straight - we just got back in the car as fast as we could.

Here are a couple from the Sacred Grove..

it was a little chilly to sit and ponder for long

can you see the temple through the trees?

I loved how the light was breaking through the clouds from this direction
The Grove actually was closed when we got there because of the high winds.  When I went a few years ago, I think they closed it because of lightning, we were stuck in one of the houses for a little bit to wait for the rain downpour to pass.  Great memories.  And next time, I'll be sure to go in the Spring so the Chill and Grill will be open.  Can't miss those 5 scoop high ice cream cones!


No comments:

Post a Comment