I made banana bread yesterday and with my sister's suggestion, I left out a 1/2 cup of sugar and used applesauce instead of butter and you don't even notice it's missing.
Update about my volunteer service yesterday. Because I was volunteering in the middle of the day, I was going to forgo my run/bike ride for the day because I needed to shower earlier in the day. Well, I drove ALL THE WAY to the U where the thing was and AS I"M WALKING in the door I got a text that says they don't need any more volunteers, don't come. WHAT? I started to get a little upset that I had given up so much of my day to do something nice for other people and I didn't even get to do the nice things. Boo. I still walked inside to show the guy that I had come and was there, but I couldn't find him. Boo again. Was he even there?
i was just thinking about this again on my way to church today (i may have eaten THREE of those muffins on the drive there). i would have never guessed i could half the sugar and still have it taste the same! i'm glad i tried it! maybe i'll just keep cutting back every time!
ReplyDelete