Monday, May 23, 2011

New Happenings

Lots to be grateful for...

This upcoming weekend marks the one year anniversary of my horse accident when the horse landed on me.  I am so grateful to be healed and not have any serious lasting injuries from it.  I am also grateful that I have overcome any fear of horses I could have had.  I'm probably more scared of rollercoasters.  I look back on the experience and am so grateful for all of the wonderful people that helped me in any and every way.  
This is the famous horse that bucked me off and landed on me. 

I have a stable job and have kept it for almost a year - contrast that to this time last year when I was changing jobs every two weeks....
This is the wall of one of our open pit mines

This time a year ago, I moved in with a fabulous roommate who is now one of my dearest friends.  

A lot has happened in the last year.  A lot has happened in the last week...

I went to MOAB!  For a day.  A fast day trip to hike around Arches.  I wore sunscreen this time thank goodness or else I would be a lobster with my third serious sunburn of the season and it's not even summer here yet - I wore my winter jacket today.  








I now have a road bike!!  An awesome spiffy road bike that I can now ride with friends and not be the straggler with big fat tires.  

The cool pedals and shiny shoes are on their way

I am the new owner of a fancy tent and backpack and mess kit!  (It's important to have shelter, a place for your clothing, and a means to eat - 3 essentials)


I facilitated a donation to The Road Home - the homeless shelter I said I wanted to donate to - after talking with a lady at work, I now have a big check from my wonderful company to give to this great organization.  

My niece and nephew both had birthdays and I got to go to BOTH parties from across the country - thanks to Skype.  They loved their presents from me.  I could see it in their big smiles. 

I rode my mountain bike on the Rail Trail up in Park City and had an adventure - even saw some rock chuck. 

 Check out the cool tan line from the week before.  This bike trip gave me a new 
sunburn and hence a new tan line.  My friend said I looked like a candy corn. 
This was a cool fence made out of skis for every other fence post.

We saw several rock chucks - they look like beaver - and also a few dead deer on the side of the trail. 

The Park City ride might have happened two weeks ago, but who's counting?!

No comments:

Post a Comment