Sunday, May 15, 2011

I am loved

Yesterday I was telling my sister Liza about the package I sent to her kids and what they were getting for their birthdays.  Luckily they don't read blogs yet, so I'm going to tell you some details about their gifts.  First some backstory.  Last weekend my family was all together for Mother's Day in Atlanta (minus me and sister Carrie).  We like Skype in my family, and I had signed up for a 7-day trial of group skype, so sister Carrie, family in Atlanta, and I could all be on Skype together.  So we had a big video chat - even had the grandparents on (my grandparents).  Due to some technical difficulties (i.e., the NINE people trying to talk in Atlanta), I couldn't hear eveything that was said on that end (I also had my own technical difficulties and they couldn't hear me for part of the time).  So fast forward to last night when I was telling sister Liza about the awesome books I bought for her kids for their birthdays because that's how I bond with them - we read books over Skype.  So she tells me that last week amidst all the commotion my precious niece had asked her if I would read a book to her!  Everything was so busy - we were watching sister Carrie's kid crawl all over the place - and she wanted to read a book with me!  I was so touched and felt so loved.

My nephew on the other hand could care less I exist.  But for his uncle...he screams bloody murder when he leaves.  Maybe someday he'll love me too.

1 comment:

  1. you are very loved here. Skye loves her Fancy Nancy books!

    ReplyDelete