Sunday, March 20, 2011

Last week I was on a trip to Nevada.  I went running two of the evenings I was there.  I was surprised how hilly the area was when I thought it was a flat desert.  No, I was in the mountainous high desert. I took my phone along, and snapped this picture. 


It looks so empty and forlorn now.  But it was really pretty then.  I loved being able to see the snow capped mountains in the distance.  I couldn't see those from my hotel.  It was sunny and pretty warm the first two days.  Then it snowed.  Winter is still here in the west.  I am really sad I have to miss out on the beautiful spring in the South.  But I did enjoy being away from the big city and out in the open fresh air.


The left boots are my size 9 MENS HUGE boots that I wore on our mine tour.  They are really heavy steel-toed boots and were a smidge too big.  They don't have many women my size that visit, so I had to make do with what was available - and still safe.  Safety first.  Tall rubber boots are so great for traipsing around in mud puddles without care of getting dirty.  Everyone wears them and the mud just washes off!

2 comments:

  1. Hey good job for running... and bonus points for running hills! I'm too wimpy to do that just yet, but I know I need to force myself to do it in the coming weeks. What was in Nevada, besides the mines? :) Did you go with friends or to visit someone? Sounds like a lovely adventure-- rubber boots and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was there for work - just had some meetings and ate out at a lot of restaurants!

    ReplyDelete