So this morning I just got really excited about the spring/summer. Yesterday I was really itching to go on a roadtrip. I just had that need to drive and go somewhere different. Maybe it was a little cabin fever after such a long week at work and being sick. I have a few things on my list of interests for the year: sailing, backpacking, horseback riding. Last night I was looking up sailing clubs in the Salt Lake area. And yesterday I almost bought a backpack off rei.com until my dad offered to bring one of his out in a few weeks. So now that I have a backpack, I'm all sorts of excited to go backpacking. And my next 3-day weekend is Memorial Day, which is not until the end of May, but I really want to do something fun, so I started researching some hikes down near Moab/Canyonlands. I've only driven through that area and really think this is the summer to get a little more familiar with it.
And now it's 10:06 a.m. and I want to keep reading, but I need to shower.

Things to do this summer:
1. buy a frisbee
2. join the Great Salt Lake Yacht Club
3. find a backpacking buddy
4. run the Wasatch Back
5. befriend someone with horses
6. give my car a tune-up so it will take me on some great roadtrips!
i need to be more ambitious like this! i went to my stake's RS women's conference yesterday and pinpointed one of my main problems as laziness. in everything. even to plan and do fun stuff like this. you serve as a great example of what i need to work towards!
ReplyDeleteIn all your travels and outdoorsy-ness, I'm surprised you've never been to Moab! You would love biking AND hiking there. I'm doing the Red Rock race there in May... maybe you should just come down with us for the heck of it. you could be our "back up runner" if we need one. Or just run for me at this point because I am so NOT in shape. :) Haha, anyway... I love your goals. Sorry I don't have horses, but I do love frisbees and other mountain adventures. :)
ReplyDelete