I had my first ride of 2011 today. Today's high was 65 degrees. After getting delayed by skyping with my niece and nephew, I took my bike outside and it had actually turned chilly and cloudy. A lady saw me putting my bike on the rack and said - this doesn't look like very good weather for a bike ride. What?! I wasn't going to let her negativity stop me from going on my ride. I had been looking forward to it all day. Besides, there was no rain yet. So in the car I got, and to the park I went. I got in a great ride given I only had an hour before I needed to be at my Ragnar planning meeting in West Jordan.
I am on a team for the Wasatch Back Relay. This is my first relay. And tonight I met my team for the first time. I will be with some fabulous ladies! I don't know what I'm doing, but everyone else does, so I'll just follow along. There's a lot of coordination that goes into these things, especially if people get really into it with costumes and t-shirts and decorating the cars. I don't usually put that much effort into things. I kinda felt lazy when they were all talking about it. I think I like things simple. But it will be great fun! I'm exciting to have a goal for running. I will have a long 7 mile run and then two 3-4 mile runs. So I'll essentially run a half marathon over the course of 24 hours. AND one great part is that I get to run through Kamas and Francis. I don't know why I'm excited about that, but I am.
I think another goal I need to have for sometime in my life is when I get a road bike, I want to ride from Kamas up to Trial Lake. The first time I came out to Utah for my freshman year at college, my sister and I drove out and went straight to the cabin to meet my family who had all flown out already. As we drove up from Kamas to Trial, there was a bike race and I've always kind of wanted to do it. But maybe I should make the ride, just the opposite direction - downhill!!
Back to skyping tonight. I love that it's a given when I skype with my niece and nephew that we read books. I think I will have to make a trip to DI to get some children's books because I look like a bad aunt when they ask me to read a story and I only have The Night Before Christmas.
You can also go online and find some Friend stories. That's what I read Skye when I was out-of-town last week. Probably won't work as well for Will. So glad they love to skype with you and read books. That's a great tradition! So happy you were still able to have a great bike ride and that you hadn't left yet when we called.
ReplyDeleteThat's so fun you are doing the Wasatch Back! We did it 2 year ago in honor of Andrew's sister, Catie and then last year they did a Ragnar in TN and we are now signed up to do the one in D.C. this fall! So the training is about to begin for me! Good luck to you!
ReplyDelete