Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pioneer Woman

I love the Pioneer Woman blog.  She is fabulously entertaining.  I was introduced to her a few years ago.  And I love her photography and stories about living on a ranch in the middle of nowhere.  It so romantic.  And yet, how are cattle and manure in the middle of nowhere even the least bit desirable?  And yet, as I drove through Wyoming two years ago on my way out to Utah, I wanted more than anything to visit a ranch, maybe someday live on a ranch. with a big red barn. and horses.  Don't ask me why or when it first happened.


I do like horses, although I don't go riding much, there are a lot of things I'd like to do more often than I do.  But one thing I loved most about living in Farmington was my daily runs past the wide open fields and horses.  Since I don't actually ride the horses much, or live out on a ranch, I live that life vicariously through movies.  I love movies of the country with horses and country music and small towns and country dancing.  a few movies I love: Sweet Home Alabama.  the Hannah Montana movie.  John Wayne.  Country Strong.  Snowy River.  and lots of others.  Anyway, this weekend I watched Flicka and I just loved it.  Have you seen it?  Add it to the list!  I even watched it a second time with the director's commentary.  The scenery was just beautiful.  It really made me want to live on a ranch in the middle of Wyoming.  I pick the one in that movie.  With those cute ranch hands.  And Tim McGraw.

I'm not sure I'm cut out to be a Pioneer Woman.  But it sure is fun to dream. or at least watch the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment