Sometimes the cold weather causes issues. Like when I was at home in Atlanta, the really cold weather caused a problem with the garage door opener. You had to get out of the car and help the door up. So upon arrival back in Salt Lake where it has been really cold, I discovered my car door locks have issues in the cold. Apparently when you click to unlock, they unlock, lock, unlock, and lock again really fast. So this week, on my first day back to work after vacation, I locked myself out of the car. while it was running. with my purse and two phones inside. oops. Each day this week, I have opened a door other than the front driver door to get in my car, usually reaching over from the back seat to turn on the car, then scraping the ice off the windows. I know now not to close the door after I open it, and have been mildly successful in eventually getting the front driver door to open so I can get in. Today, I couldn't get the driver door open at all and I had to climb over the seat from the passenger side. I'm happy I was wearing pants.
I hope this doesn't last long, it's kind of frustrating. I'd rather get out of the car and lift the garage door up.
By the way, it is FREEZING here. It is so cold. I don't like this cold. And then again, our apartment is toasty warm. So warm that I wear a t-shirt and no socks when I'm at home. Then it's been so warm in my office that yesterday I wore short sleeves. Come on! Let's get something in the middle here.
I think it's still colder here. You went home just in time.
ReplyDelete