Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dating is a Competitive Game

Dating. I'm sure my married friends are missing out on a lot of fun.  At least funny experiences.  I was recently on a date and this was the conversation in the car on the way back home:

Guy: So did you date a lot when you were at BYU?

Me: No, not really...my roommates and I did lot of group dates and stuff. (thinking in my head - that was TEN YEARS AGO! what does that have to do with anything about life right now?)

Guy: Really?  did you date a lot when you lived in Atlanta?

Me: umm...more than I did at BYU.

Me: You know, I'm surprised how much fog we get here in the valley....

Guy: I'm surprised you didn't date more when you were at BYU.

Me: *silence*

Guy: I mean you're a really cute girl and when I see you at church, you're always surrounded by a lot of guys.  There's just a lot of competition.

Oh, I didn't realize there was ANY competition.  Thanks for letting me know!  I think I'll wait awhile before I tell him the guys he is likely jealous of are my home teachers.

And I'll keep my college pictures in a box. under my bed.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! Yeah, I don't see any reason to mention the home teacher thing :) Oh, and cute new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is great! He is a REALLY SMART guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the date awkwardness. :) I'm guessing you might have already read my thoughts on dating from my blog, but you would probably appreciate it... since we're in the same boat right now. love ya!

    ReplyDelete