Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Covered in Chocolate

I bought these chocolate covered pretzels to eat at the drive-in the other night.  I left them in my car, so they didn't make it to the movie.  And now I'm snacking on them instead of eating dinner.  They are so good.  I can't eat regular pretzels anymore.  They're just too plain.  But before I started on the pretzels, I ate a chocolate covered mint Creamie popsicle.  MMmmmm!!!  So I got to thinking about all the things that are good to eat covered in chocolate and I couldn't think of anything that tasted worse once it was covered in chocolate. 

Other news...my sister Carrie had a baby 3.5 weeks ago.  I am baby Abigail's new favorite aunt. It has been quite fun to have her in the family so far.  Carrie has been a great sister - taking lots of pictures of Abby with the blanket I made for her.  I keep asking if she's really using it or if she just takes pictures of it to make me feel loved.  She assures me Abby really uses the blanket. 

I borrowed a friend's roadbike last week and loved going on my first real roadbike ride.  It was so smooth and fast and light!  My bank account needs some fast padding so I can buy my own.  But then again, my apartment doesn't have much storage and I've already got one bike in my little room. 

I went to a concert last week for a group called the Nashville Tribute Band.  They were really good.  It was an awesome concert in the ampitheater.  They have a few cds at Deseret Book about the Restoration and the pioneers.  Part of the band is made up of a country group called Due West.  Listen out for them on the radio - really great music!

My roommate is really funny.  She watches Wipe Out on tv every day.  And while I'm up in my room typing away on my computer, I hear her yelling at the tv like something awful just happened.  At first I would ask her what was wrong she sounded so concerned.  I'm used to people laughing hysterically at the show. 

Gym membership - I have to say I love my job.  One of my fantastic perks is that I get to use the gym in our building.  I went for the first time this week and I think I am going to really like it come wintertime. 

Ok, chocolate covered pretzels are gone now.  I think that was my dinner. 

2 comments:

  1. So I read the title and decided I couldn't continue without eating chocolate while reading your post. Thanks for updating. I've been checking regularly. I am your biggest fan . . . and Abby's favorite aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post emmy! i wish we could live together so i could eat your yummy food concoctions!

    ReplyDelete