I never thought I'd love working downtown in a city - traffic, tall buildings, rude taxi drivers, busy-ness all around. Maybe it's because Salt Lake doesn't really have traffic, tall buildings, taxi drivers, and no one seems to be in a real hurry, but I love working in downtown Salt Lake. It means I get to do things like walk around the gardens on Temple Square during lunch. Or like today, I was going to the temple after work and wanted to do something to help me get in the right frame of mind for it. So I thought I'd go over to the North Visitor Center during today's lunch break. I sat alone and looked at the Christus statue for a little while and reflected on the Savior and his sacrifice and resurrection. It was very peaceful. I thought about what he would say to me, what would we talk about, what it would be like to feel the nailprints in his hands, to feel his loving arms encircle me. Then I had a really special experience in the temple, again reflecting on His sacrifice. It was a special day and I just wanted you to know about it.
PS - they are already putting the Christmas lights up on the trees.
when chris did church translation and had to go to slc for hours at a time on saturday, i would always get SO EXCITED because i could go with him and then just spend my time at the visitors center and walking around temple square. i miss it so much!
ReplyDeleteps- i sent you a text about it, but i saw on someone's blog that there is a big replica of the slc temple and it looks so so so cool. have you seen it?!?
Definitely some nice perks to working in downtown SLC. Sounds like that was a very fulfilling day.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely! I'm so jealous!
ReplyDeleteEm, that IS special! I crave experiences like that. What a blessing that is to be able to work so close to the temple and temple square. How's your job going BTW??
ReplyDelete