Tonight we went to the world championship aerial ski jump contest up at Deer Valley. It was *awesome*! We got a sweet parking spot, stayed warm hiking it up the slopes, made fun of all the people that took the chair lift that wasn’t moving and was so close to the ground, I jumped up and touched a lady’s foot. Ok, I didn’t actually touch her foot, but I think I brushed it, I basically touched it. We saw the coolest jumps by guys and ladies. The Chinese were definitely ‘kickin’ it at the top’ or at least that’s what the announcer kept saying. They were pretty good.
Here’s where the fun part comes in. We brought blankets because we thought it might be a little chilly (actually the temps were great) and I was sure I was going to fall down the steep part of the slope we had to walk down. My friend lays his blanket down and says, here, sit down. We both sat on the blanket and scooted down the mountain! Then this guy looks back at us and says – here let me help – and he pulls us down! It was awesome. Then we had one more go at it when Kasey and I sat on the blanket and Trevor pulled us down. We got going pretty fast. It was so awesome.
And the guy that won the men’s competition broke a world record for the highest number of points awarded. He was that good.
No comments:
Post a Comment