Thursday, April 8, 2010

What's in a name?

I was talking to my sister on the phone yesterday when her almost 4 year old daughter came up to her and said 'this is for you Liza.'  She apparently was playing some sort of pretend game, but we laughed that my sister was not 'mom ' at that moment. 

So Liza asked Skye: What's mommy's name?
Skye: Liza

Liza: What's daddy's name?
Skye: Jeff

Liza (at my prompting): What's Aunt Emmy's name? 
Skye: I don't know.

Liza: What's Aunt Carrie's name?
Skye (enthusiastically): Carebear!!

Liza: What's Uncle Wally's name?
Skye: Wa Wa

We aren't sure where Wa Wa came from, but it was funny that the only name Skye was confident about from her aunts and uncle was her Aunt Carrie's where Carrie' is Carrie's real name.  I think she was really thrown off that my real name was not Emmy because I'm not sure she has heard me called Emily too often. 

Then Liza tried to get Will to say 'Aunt Emmy.'  It didn't quite happen.  But soon.  Real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment