This morning I was going to go on a bike ride with my roommate. I have been looking forward to this all week as today was a Saturday with good weather! I got all ready, went out to the garage, took hold of the handlebars to wheel it outside, and low and behold! my back tire was flat. completely flat. I was so sad! I guess I ran over some stuff on my last ride that punctured a hole. So I won't be riding for a little while. =(
And last night I had just about the most fun on a Friday night that I've had in a LONG time. It was so great. I went snowshoeing with my friend's friends - at NIGHT. We went up Big Cottonwood Canyon and then trapsed through the wilderness blazing new trails and pausing at clearings to see the beautiful mountain views. It was just awesome. And hopefully I'll get to go hiking again next weekend somewhere. It's national park week and you get in to all national parks FREE!
Why does warm weather spark a cleaning mode in people? I cleaned out my car, fixed my little break light in the back windshield, tidied up my new snow chains so they'd fit back in the bag, organized my closet, and started the laundry.
Random. I just looked out the window... there are lawnmowers working outside...and I just saw an old blue TRACTOR drive down the street. WHAT?! I live near farmland with horses, but didn't think I'd see a tractor drive though my suburbia neighborhood. Add that to the ice cream truck that came by the other day. If I hadn't turned into a Dryer's ice cream snob (thanks to my roommate), I'd have gone out to get an ice cream bar! But I'll just wait til Kari brings home more from work. =)
I just love the outdoors. By the way if you haven't seen it, check out Jason Mraz on Sesame Street. He loves the outdoors too!
No comments:
Post a Comment