I thought the idea of long distance phone calls were pretty much a non-issue these days with cell phones and such. This morning I went to the local shoe repair shop in Bountiful.
Shop guy: 'Can I have a phone number?' (taking down my information)
Me: '770...'
Shop guy: 'is that an 801 area code?'
Me: 'No, 770 is the area code.'
Shop guy: 'Do you have another phone number?'
Me: 'Sure, I'll give you my friend's number.'
Shop guy: 'Is it a local number?'
Me: 'No, it's a California number.'
Shop guy: 'I need a local number or else you have to pay for long distance charges in advance.'
Really. I don't know anyone here with a local phone number. You need me to pay you $.10 in advance for you to call me to tell me my shoes are ready to be picked up?
That's funny. You'd think a business would just realize it's part of doing business!
ReplyDeletei love it. seriously only ten cents? that might be the best part.
ReplyDelete