At times I try to be concious of buying natural foods. So the other day when I bought peanut butter, I bought the natural stuff. Be aware. The Ingredients are: Peanuts, salt. No sugar. In the back of my head I guess I thought this was the case, but two weeks later when I finally opened it to put it on my crackers, I wanted the peanut butter with sugar in it. Especially after I spilled the oil all over my pants (natural peanut butter has a tendancy to separate). I'll get used to it. It's good for me.

when i'm at work i eat mostly all organic foods. most of the time you can't tell the difference. two things i haven't been able to convert to yet: peanut butter and ketchup. the texture and taste on those is just a little weird. so it's pretty funny that you happen to try out the organic peanut butter first. my suggestion: eat amy's organic spinach pizza... it is amazing! (and very pricey of course)
ReplyDeleteI am a natural peanut butter convert. The other stuff tastes much too sugary now. Natural almond butter is good too; they sell it at our Costco, so I can get it cheap.
ReplyDeleteEric had a great idea for the oil in the natural peanut butter; it was REALLY irritating him. Store the stuff, before you open it, upside down for a few days! Then, it forces the oil to the bottom. Otherwise, by the time you get to the bottom, you have peanut paste vs. peanut butter.
Another "natural" thing we love our LaraBars. They are only dates, nuts, and some sort of other flavoring, but they taste great and are a very sweet snack.
I remember Libby buying me organic peanut butter in college. I remember liking it alright, but it was funny to get used to always stirring the oil in before you used it.
ReplyDelete