Sunday, November 22, 2009

Today it snowed.  Everything was covered in pretty white snow.  And it was a great day.  Today I discovered this wonderful website: http://networkedblogs.com/p18417100 - try it out - cool free samples and coupons. 
I have always lived really close to an LDS temple.  Except over the summer in Boston, when I lived 15 minutes away.  The past two years, most of the time when I go running, I at least run by the temple at one point during the run.  Last weekend my roommate and I went to an afternoon church meeting and so I had her come walking with me and we walked around the temple, so I took some pictures.

Logan Temple

And I made two pecan pies last night.  I ate a slice of one today and I have to say I make really good pecan pies.  I mean they are REALLY good.  If you don't like it, that's just fine with me, no feelings hurt because I will eat it all.  Because of that, I do have to find people to give the pies to so I don't eat it all.  And sometimes it gets hard because my friends only want a slice or two, not the whole pie (watching their sugar intake - they LOVE the pies - didn't want you to get confused).  So currently there is a fork and a knife sitting on top of my pie ready - easy for little nibbles here and there.  And why I made two pies, I don't know.  It's not Thanksgiving yet.  I don't have anywhere to take one pie, let alone two.  And then a need arose.  And it was a blessing to have a pie ready to take to someone!

I also love edamame.  Soybeans.  I never thought I would, but then again, I willingly ate cantalope the other night at dinner.  I never thought that would happen either, and it was actually good.  If you haven't had edamame, try it.  Buy a bag from the frozen veggie section of the store, heat a handful up in a bowl in the microwave with a dab of butter and some sprinkles of salt.  It's delicious

And I also learned that evaporated milk has no sugar added, it's regular milk that has had half the water evaporated from it - not like sweetened condensed milk.  It's creamier than regular milk and can be used as a substitute for 1/2 and 1/2 or cream.  Hmm...I might have to try this out!

So...this morning I heard my roommates talking downstairs (about wedding stuff - they are both getting married), I was ready to leave for church.  I went down and they were both on the couch with their fiances (same couch - all 4 of them) and they said 'hey! come join us!'  Umm...right.  I went in the kitchen, got a scoop of ice cream and made my way out the door.  So nice of them to try to make me feel included.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Emmy! No other pecan pie compares to yours!!! Send some my way and I'll gobble it up!

    ReplyDelete