Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Pumpkin Walk


In Logan, there is this thing called the Pumpkin Walk.  They have it every year and have for years.  Everyone who lives in Cache Valley goes.  I went for the first time this year.  So this family puts it on I think.  They grow the pumpkins that line walk, and there are businesses or groups that sponsor an exhibit.  The exhibits are scenes made with pumpkins.  For example, the first one was about M&Ms (it was one of my favorites!).



They are all pumpkins!  Painted to be M&Ms.  I love it!



And California raisins for Carrie. 
There was also a scene for California milk.  Why I didn't take a picture of that for Carrie, I have no idea!



This is a scene from Where the Wild Things Are.  The tree trunk is made out of pumpkins as well as the creatures' heads.



A tribute to Michael Jackson's Thriller



This little garden patch was my favorite of them all.  There were potatoes and tomatoes and radishes and corn on the cob and carrots and peas and onions and on and on....they were all pumpkins.  It was awesome!

And I found one of the pumpkins I carved.  For this one I spelled EMMY.



You can just see the M.

There were so many creative scenes.  It was so great.  Yay for Halloween! 

3 comments:

  1. did you ever go back to get a picture of the real california milk scene?!?! i love the pictures. i'm glad you posted them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find so many good things. I've never heard of that. Glad you had a great weekend. Skye's pictures will come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so clever! Maybe I'll steal some of those ideas for our pumpkin next year!

    ReplyDelete