So I like to be busy. And looking back on this week, it was so great. It started out finishing up my trip in Jackson, then the pumpkin walk. Several of my classmates (who are all wonderful and great and I'm going to miss them when December comes) and I decided that we'd go out to dinner after class on Wednesdays since we won't be together much longer. They are HILAROUS. I love them so much. Ah, good thing for technology we can keep in touch. So we have been trying out restaurants most of us haen't been to before. This week we went to Callaway's in Smithfield. It was delicious. And I have to say I like the breadsticks from Pizza Plus much better.
And another grand thing I did was to make bread with my friend Jess and her grandmother. I've been riding horses with Jess several times this semester and each time we go to her grandparents' house, she says - 'do you want some toast? I'm sure my grandmother has some fresh bread. She's always making bread.' And not once was there fresh bread. But we still had toast everytime. So her grandmother promised that we could come over and she's show us how to make bread. So we finally went! And to my surprise, step one was to put the wheat in the wheat grinder to make the flour. I'm sold. I want a wheat grinder! And a Bosch mixer. So the bread turned out wonderfully and it's been two days and I'm almost done with the first loaf. I love fresh bread! So now my mom is going to get her wheat grinder ready and we're going to make bread at Christmas! Yay! It feels so empowering to bake.
Speaking of baking. I have to say I sure am proud of my family - for it was a family effort in Savannah, where dad bought the pumpkin and everyone I'm sure had a part in making fresh pumpkin pie. I wish I was there to try it! I can't wait to see pictures of Skye trick or treating. OH I remember what I did Tuesday. I talked to Carrie for like...THREE HOURS. haha! what fun. And I looked for jobs. And went to work. And I taught a class (part of work). And I did homework. And I did a class presentation. And I went to a play on campus called Sweeny Todd. And I ..... yep, I like to be busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment