Last weekend I did something amazing. I went to Jackson, WY!! I have wanted to go there for so long. And I finally did. After years of passing signs in Wyoming for Grand Teton National Park, I finally went. After countless people making me feel dumb about never going to Yellowstone, I went! And all in one weekend. I had been asking my friends for a couple months to go to Wyoming and no one was interested. Really. Who doesn't want to go see these amazing mountains? I was shocked I couldn't find any takers. Then...gotta love Facebook...an old buddy I knew in Atlanta a few years ago sent me a FB invite to go to Jackson for the weekend with a bunch of his friends from SLC. I didn't know ANY of these people and hadn't seen my friend in a few years. I was brave. Actually, it didn't bother me, but everyone kept telling me I was so brave to go alone. Anyway. We sayed in a cabin in Idaho, went up on a Thursday night. We got there late in the dark, so when I went running the next morning, it was beautiful to see the sunlight shining down on the valley (west side of the Tetons). We drove into Jackson, walked around the little town for a bit. I have heard so much about this tiny town. Then we went into the Teton National Park and hiked around Jenny Lake, up to the Hidden Falls. Everyone was so awesome and the mountains were breathtaking.
Tetons
Jenny Lake
Hidden Falls
So this brings me to the realization of the weekend. I don't like my camera. I wish I could post some amazing pictures, but when I got home and looked at my pictures, I was so disappointed. My little digital just doesn't have the best picture quality. Let me know what you think. Do you have a camera you like? What kind is it? Alas....I am on a quest for a new camera.
Back to the trip. The next day (Saturday), we went for a long drive to Yellowstone to see Old Faithful. It snowed along the way. We didn't see any bison. Or buffalo. Oh - we did see some elk when we were leaving Jenny Lake on Friday. But we did see some beautiful pools - my favorite was Sapphire pool. And then we had a long drive back home. We had lots of time in the car (it was a 3 hour drive to Old Faithful) and we played several car games - haven't done that in a while...I even taught a guy how to play 'I spy.' Seriously. I didn't believe him. Who doesn't know how to play I spy? So I taught him and we played for quite a while! I thought it was pretty funny.
Old Faithful
We had great food too - pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, homemade pizza, steaks, so delicious! I think I will have to go back. Perhaps in the spring or summer to go camping. There was also this really pretty part of Idaho we drove though on the way home - Swan Valley. I'll have to go there again too. It was gorgeous. And I made lots of new great friends! Woohoo! It was a fabulous weekend. I love the outdoors =)
Would that work for a reunion next year or would it be too roughing it? Those pictures look amazing Emmy May!!
ReplyDeleteI have a new Canon; it's their newest SLR with a HD video camera. . . a little pricey, but great pictures!
I think it would be totally great for a reunion. The cabin was definitely NOT roughing it. It was quite nice. And the hikes were fairly short and easy. It was just beautiful to be there. Did you get the Canon 7D?
ReplyDelete