Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Empty, almost

Here is the box of Valentine's cards I bought tonight.  

Only there were no Valentines in it.  Only 16 mini swirly erasers.  Did I lose my mind and they fell out?  NOPE.  The box was even a little hard to open.  NO CARDS. So I called the store and said - my box of Valentines didn't have and Valentines.  He apologized and said I could bring them back in and they would exchange it, even open the box in the store so I could make sure there were cards in it this time.  I said, I don't know if it's worth my time to drive ALL THE WAY BACK to your store.  Oh, well, he says - you do have 90 days to return the item.  Sure, that's all find and dandy for towels or dishes, but who's going to believe you if you return a box of Valentines cards saying there were no Valentines in it 90 DAYS AFTER Valentine's Day?  Oh, he says.  Good point.  YEAH I have a good point.  

SO. is it worth $3 to drive back to Target that is 10 minutes away to get my Valentines?  Mind you, I'm leaving town tomorrow night.  I don't have a lot of time!  Geez Louise.

2 comments:

  1. I say go for it! Although the night is over now so anything I say doesn't really matter. But what a bummer that you got ripped off by a fake box! Hope it all turned out okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's kind of hilarious. but i know what you mean, i hate when stuff like that happens! like when i wait twenty minutes in line at walmart and then looking at my receipt on my way out realize they didn't scan a coupon for 1 dollar off. "well you can get back in line." seriously?!?! twenty minutes for one dollar and i have a toddler with me? no thanks, i'll just blog vent my anger instead.

    ReplyDelete