I have four trips planned at the moment between now and the end of the year. Three will take me through Atlanta. One will keep me there for a week. And that's not including any plans for Thanksgiving! In the next five weeks, I'll be home one. I will be living out of a hotel the other four. One is also the number of days I've known about the two week trip I'm taking on Monday.
Two is the number of times I've now been to Yellowstone and the Tetons. And I couldn't find my camera before I left, so I don't have pictures yet. I had a fun roadtrip with my mom while she was out here visiting. We canned pears, ate Papa Murphy's pizza, and ate real Belgium crepes. I even made bread again - new recipe - and it was perfect! So easy and delicious.
Six is the number of days it took me to read Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. It was awesome. Do you get addicted to books like I do. It's sad but true - I might have declined an offer for dinner at a REALLY nice hotel in downtown Atlanta one time because I was so engrossed in a book. I'm serious. Luckily for me I tend to do most of my reading the week I'm on vacation at the beach. I don't have to worry about anything serious coming up that will make me put down my book. I had another one of those things happen this week. I woke up Sunday morning and picked up my book (well, picked up my Kindle) and it's a good thing I already decided to go to afternoon church because I couldn't put the book down. I think I read for over 3 hours. And it's a good thing church was good because even so I was wishing I had brought my book to read. And it's a good thing I didn't bring my Kindle to work to read during lunch or else I would never have ended my lunch break. But it was the first thing I did when I got home. I couldn't wait to get home and read even though I knew I had a big meeting the next day I needed to prepare for. It was almost like turning down a date. I read and kept reading. Knowing all along I might be setting myself up for a disaster by not spending time preparing for this meeting. I was addicted. I had to finish it. No matter how many times I told myself I needed to stop, I couldn't. I even had to call my sister to ask how many pages I had left because my Kindle just shows the percentage completed. I decided I could finish it in the next hour and I kept reading so I could finish it even though it's one of those things that you kinda hope won't end, but you really want it to so you can move on with your life. Really - is it just me or does this happen to anyone else?
Back to the numbers. I started getting the newspaper and I saved $21 at the store the other day - $14 in coupon savings.
If you have restaurant recommendations or know of anything to do on the weekends in Toronto, let me know.
that is exactly how i am with books. exactly. it was so bad in middle school and high school that mom used to hide my books from me until the weekend because i wasn't doing my homework and i wasn't going to bed. ;-)
ReplyDeletelucky for you though, you don't have anyone hiding your kindle on top of the refrigerator!
ps- i'm so excited for your trips! i feel like i live vicariously through you so it's a trip for you as much as it is for me! i can't wait!
The book reading thing must be a disorder in our family. I just don't even read most of the time because I know I won't do things that need to be done or I will stay up to early hours of the morning reading-a regret when your children also wake in the wee hours of the morning!
ReplyDeleteAnd so excited about your coupon savings! Worth paying for the paper!
ReplyDelete