I was making my bread this morning and I was doing so well. I thought I had done everything right - even starting the yeast in warm water. Well, I put the bowl of dough in the fridge to rise (odd, but that's why they're called refrigerator rolls) and then looked at the counter to clean it and realized there was a bowl of eggs that I neglected to put in with the wet ingredients! I took the dough out of the fridge, poured the eggs in and tried to stir them in. Well. It didn't work very well. So I turned the mixer on. And it was a little better, but not really. I added some flour. And what do you know! It started to look like real dough!
Anyway. I put it in the fridge - it rose to double in size (good because it was a cool day and I didn't want to turn on our little furnace) and I pinched off some dough balls and baked some rolls!
And they were delicious! And very tasty. Full of flavor. I was quite proud of myself for averting an almost disaster of 8 cups of flour and two yeast packets and 4 eggs! It would have been a big waste. And now I'm going to make some cinnamon rolls with the rest of it. mmm....
YEAY!!! so glad to hear about the crisis averted! i once made mini muffins and was putting them in the oven before i realized that i'd never added the salt! whoops. so i had to scrape my batter out of all of the tiny little muffin holes, mix in my salt, and then repour it.
ReplyDeletenow i'm better about holding myself to going in order down the ingredients list or double checking as i go.
cooking does not come naturally for me. ;-)