Are there simple, everyday things that you don't know anything about? Last night I sent a pair of slacks down for laundry service. They were dry cleaned. I take clothes to the dry cleaners all the time. I grew up with my mom picking up my dad's shirts at the cleaner's each week. Shouldn't I know how this common process works? And yet it's still a mystery to me. The clothes are cleaned by steam (hence they stay dry). Are there any soap or chemicals involved? How does steam alone clean clothes? And how does the really hot press get my old pant creases out so only the new one shows without burning the pants? I think I need to take a tour of a cleaners operation. But what is there to tour? The only thing in the building is a large conveyor system of plastic hanging bags. And I think they just hang up clothes to make it look like they get a lot of business. Anyone else with me? How are there always so many people that don't pick up their clothes?
And why is it so expensive? I paid last night to clean a pair of slacks what I would spend on 3 big bottles of detergent that could last me a year. Who can answer these questions?
Thank you Carrie for letting me do my laundry at your house!
i think that same thing! there are so many things i wonder about on a daily basis. things are just given to us to packaged and serviced that we don't need to know anything for ourselves. and if there's any hesitation about it... just google. that's what i plan to do about this. i'm sure we could find a youtube video of how dry cleaning happens... right?
ReplyDeletemiss you.
lots.
ps- word verification: cycling. just so you know.
I just wish that 3 big bottles of detergent would last us one year! We go through detergent like candy...very unfortunate.
ReplyDelete