I was a little unsure of the whole race thing since there's so much hype and I still didn't know what I was getting myself into. It turned out to a lot of fun and I really enjoyed getting to know the other people in my van. Everyone was so flexible and positive and nice. I think I was the most negative critical person. I really need to be nicer - they were good examples. We slept in a high school in Oakley on Friday night, despite the guy with the angry bullfrog snore. I might have asked the guy next to him to wake him up. about 10 times. finally he did and I went back to sleep. We had our fill of gatorade, bagels, gogurts, granola bars, sweedish fish and bananas. I thought I would have a safety violation by the end because there were so many rules - wear a reflective vest anytime you get out of the car between 7:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m., always use the orange flag to cross the street, never exit your vehicle on the driver's side...but I did well and everyone was safe!
I had a few friends that ran in the race also and it was fun seeing them at some of the exchanges as well! I never had my camera with me, darn. no proof.
our awesome van!
at the starting line...
just before Bree's nighttime run
both vans at the finish line (my van got the wig memo too late)
So yeah, I'd probably do it again. Yay Team Leap Frog!!!






Congratulations! Thanks for posting pictures. It looks like you had a lot of fun. I can't believe that you were the most negative person in your group. you're one of the most positive people I know!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Em! Sounds like you had a great time, and what beautiful scenery!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I laughed at the thought of your negativity. I actually loved that about you over the weekend because you're totally honest! And probably said things the rest of us were thinking. :) Love you! So glad we got to do that together.
ReplyDelete