Twice this week I was introduced to a great snack - easy chocolate covered pretzels. I love chocolate covered pretzels. For a few years I dipped pretzels and gave them away as gifts, but mainly because I wanted to eat them. That's usually how it goes with me and gifts - I buy them or make them more because I actually want it. Most of the time I end up not giving away the gift because I like it so much. Don't ask about the Christmas gift I just bought for my sister. It might be hanging on my wall with the tag still on because I kinda want to keep it for myself and get her something else.
So back to the chocolate covered pretzels. They aren't the easiest things to dip and cool, kinda messy. Anyway, there's this new way I learned - you might think it's old if you've seen them before, but you take little checkered pretzels and put a hershey's hug on it, stick it in the oven for a couple minutes on warm to let the hug melt. Then take them out and put a little green or red m&m in the middle. Stick the pan in the snow (we had a lot of snow last night - see previous post - yes there was a foot out there) or in the freezer to cool them off. Then put them in cute cellophane bags to share or just pop them in your mouth.
There you go.
ingredients:
hugs
pretzels
m&ms
i just looked up mom's list to make sure that gift wasn't intended for me. you better hope liza doesn't see this! and you should post a picture of your treats. they are sooo cute!
ReplyDelete