This is more of a blizzard than last Tuesday for sure, except there is no wind and it's not too cold and there's no ice. Basically, just a lot of snow - it's been snowing since last night, just light and steady. I think we have a foot out there just from today. A couple years ago when I had my first winter in Logan, my brother-in-law gave me a 'snow blanket' for Christmas. It's a tarp-like thing you put over your windshield with two wings you close inside the front doors. Apparently you're supposed to be able to just throw off all the snow instead of scraping the windshield off. I don't mind scraping it off, but we're getting enough snow that I thought I'd try it. So I put it on, pulled up my windshield wipers. I've never seen anyone use one of these before, so this will be interesting. And I hope it just doesn't get too icy. There is about a foot or so of snow all around my car, so I'm kind of worried what my dress pants will look like after I get in my car in the morning. This is my first winter where I'll have to go to work in the snow. Until now, I was just fine to strap on my boots and jeans and parka and walk to campus.
After reading this, I wish I could walk to work. Storm Leads to More than 200 Crashes Statewide
And I live in Salt Lake County. This is why we need snow days - and it was even a Sunday!
The weathermen didn't talk this one up like they should have. They probably got scared from the backlash of last week's blizzard. I saw some warnings on the electronic boards yesterday over the highway, but that was about it. Hopefully it will let up later tonight and the roads will have a chance to be salted and plowed.
that snow blanket sounds cool! you should tuck your dress pants into some tall rain boots and then just switch them out before you walk into the office... that's what i would do at least...
ReplyDeleteHow did the snow blanket work out?? I've lived in a snowy climate practically my entire life and never heard of them. Sounds very practical. I hated scraping my windows. And defrosting the locks. And climbing in the passenger side to literally kick open the driver side door...
ReplyDelete