'Emily, You're enormous!'
That was the hello I got from a guy at church today.
Enormous. I was wearing heels, which I do most Sundays. Tall, yes. Enormous, I don't think so.
Wearing heels made me eye level with him. It's not like I was two feet taller than him.
We might or might not still be friends.
Wow. That's pretty bad. What was your reaction? I think I can picture your face now . . . :)
ReplyDeleteWow . . . That really was rude. Don't let it get to you. :)
Yeah, what was your reaction?? I think we should assume that the poor guy saw you looking amazingly gorgeous, was so tongue-tied and nervous to be near you that he couldn't concentrate on what he was saying, and that's why he used that crazy word. Afterwards, he was probably kicking himself for saying something so ridiculous, and he's worried about what you think of him, and he's wishing he could turn back time and say something wonderfully complimentary instead (I liked Carrie's suggestions).
ReplyDeleteThat is, unless you don't really like him anyway, and then I'd say he's just a loser :)
I'm pretty sure I punched him in the shoulder and yelled at him and told him never to say that to a girl again. He said he wasn't being offensive. He even sat by me during Sunday School. I think Catherine got it right on - he was just mesmerized by my beauty and got tongue-tied. (I did look pretty good that day!!!) =)
ReplyDeleteI love you guys!!