Wednesday, September 22, 2010

End of Summer Ski Lift

Ever want to know what's under all that snow when you're skiing down the mountain?  Rocks.  Lots of rocks and trees and dirt.  I know.  I took the ski lift up the mountain last weekend and that's all I saw.  Lots of rocks.  Skiing became a lot more dangerous to me.  It was kinda fun to not be cold.  And to ride the lift down the mountain.  Never done that before. 

And one of the best moments of the weekend...got over to Bree's house about 11:30....walked in the apartment, said, Bree, as I was walking up the stairs, I was really hoping there would be some chocolate chip cookies in here....well, the wonderful cookie baking Bree fixed the no-cookie situation real quick  and until 2 a.m. I ate those delicious mouth watering cookies.  They were perfect.  She is such a good cookie maker baker.  And it brought back so many memories from our wonderful days back at the Square.  Then she sent me home with a bag full and I had cookies for breakfast for the next several mornings...bad thing about eating cookies for breakfast as you're walking out the door to go to work.  Be sure you check the mirror before you see any coworkers in person.  Sometimes they aren't too great about telling you you have a bit of chocolate on your face.  That might have happened to me on Tuesday. Maybe.

Sunday was my mom's birthday.  I have the best mom.  She is so wonderful.  And she makes great chocolate chip cookies, and great absolutely everything else you can think of that's edible.  I'm going to be just like her when I grow up.  Someday. 

1 comment:

  1. you've never ridden down the lift before? i'm pretty sure i've done that a few times... it's what happens when you're not too great about getting off the ramp.

    and OF COURSE it's fun to not be cold! that's why i told mom and dad that we should stop going to park city for spring break!

    and i agree we have the best mom ever. i'm so happy you're going to be just like her. i wish i could be but the cooking thing (and maybe a few other things) is still standing in my way...

    ReplyDelete