Lost in love. That's the only thing I can think of to explain my lack of posting since April. Wow. And I'm sure no one even looks at this anymore.
Well, in a nutshell, I got engaged, quit my job, moved to New York and now I'm getting married in a MONTH. It all seems really fast until I hear about other people who got engaged AFTER me and are already married. And I really need to figure out what songs to have for our father/daughter and mother/groom dances. That's stressing me out. Any ideas for songs that aren't love songs because dancing to a love song with a parent is just kind of awkward to me.
I love the weather here in Buffalo in the summer. I've had a wonderful time here so far. I haven't been working and it's been nice, but I think I should be taking better advantage of my free time. I just got called to the primary presidency. Who thought that was a good idea? In the past 14 years, I've been in a family ward for 1 year. And of that 1 year, I didn't even know where the primary room was. Honestly. I was only involved in the singles part of church. I only knew there was a primary because I saw kids in the chapel during Sacrament meeting. I didn't know any of their names. Last night the presidency was talking about who would teach this Sunday and who would do the music. I'm sorry I couldn't offer any help because I have no idea what is involved with Sharing Time or music. Then they were asking who should fill certain callings and I don't know anyone in the ward. I don't think they realize my lack of knowledge. This is going to be interesting. Since I moved here in June, I have missed 5 Sundays in this ward because I was out of town. So needless to say, that will take up a lot of time soon, like starting tomorrow.
Darren is in Ottawa this week and I thought I should suck it up and stay here to prove I can be on my own. The last time he went out of town, I went to Atlanta for two weeks. I sure wish I had a sister who wasn't pregnant that would be willing to come travel with me. How rare is it to not work, have no kids, and no spouse to feel like you should stay at home? Instead I'm here, with no friends, trying to be productive. And the battery on the smoke detector is low so it keeps chirping. Should I take it out to prevent a headache and risk not detecting a fire or leaving it in just in case I need it to tell me there's smoke in the house?
And because every blog post needs a picture, here are a couple.
| This is where we ended up doing our engagement pictures. |
| Darren, me, and his two kids This is at the Eternal Flames Falls. That's the Eternal Flame in the background. |
return library books
fill out my DJ music planning sheet
update contract for my condo
car insurance
prep for a phone screen for a job
pay bills
sort out itineraries for wedding guests
finish slideshow
and shower.
I still read your blog. And I love it!!! Who would have ever thought you'd say something like "Lost in Love." Ahhhh, life is good.
ReplyDeleteI'm still reading too! And, happy for an update!!
ReplyDeleteYay for blogs! My favorite part of this whole post was learning that you are in the PRIMARY PRESIDENCY!! So random. Best part: "Who thought that was a good idea?" Haha... LOVE IT. Time to get in touch with your motherly, nurturing side, I guess. I subbed for primary a few times to do music recently-- it's crazy! But so fun. :) I'm sure you'll be awesome. I miss you.
ReplyDelete