Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Leap Frog

A few years ago my now brother-in-law, but then sister's boyfriend, tried to give me some advice about a boy I was dating. 'Come on Em, just take a leap of faith.'  That's what he said, trying to convince me to marry the guy.  I remember he was on the phone with her. We were at the beach.  I had brought my boyfriend on our family trip, but I knew things wouldn't go anywhere.  I'm happy I didn't take his advice then.  It would have been a leap, but not a faithful one.  Fast forward to now.  Now it's my sister saying, 'why not? just see what happens.' - take a leap of faith, but not in the exact words.  I can't believe the leaps I'm taking in faith.  It's not one big leap like jumping into marriage, but a bunch of little leaps, kind of like leap frog.  And they are all full of faith.

But then again, isn't that what I've been doing all along?  That's what my life is made up of - many leaps of faith - leaps of faith that brought me out to Utah, leaps of faith that made me stay in Utah, and leaps of faith that will take me who knows where next!

Anyway.  That's what I was thinking about tonight.  Taking a leap of faith.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, the "faith" part of that is the most important part! if there's no faith then don't leap!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily! I found your blog once, and then somehow lost track of you again . . . But here I am, reading away. :)

    I really loved this post and am excited to talk to you about it on Thursday! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete