Last night I was talking to my dad on the phone. He was walking home from somewhere. My mom called in and so my dad took her call, said to me, 'I'll call you right back.' Well, he didn't call right back, which was fine, I went to a meeting and couldn't have talked to him even if he had called right back.
But then I got this text at 11:20 p.m.: 'I'm sorry to have forgotten to have called you back. Are you still up?' I'm pretty sure that was captured at 11 p.m. MT. He is on the east coast. He might have forgotten, but how can you be upset with an apology like that? Not that I was mad at all.
I was just touched that he apologized. And I really hope he wasn't up at 1:30 a.m. When I forget to call someone back, I don't think I usually apologize. I need to be more like him.
We had regional conference today for church. Last year, I didn't get to see all of my regional conference - our church caught on fire and we were evacuated. We spent the rest of the day watching the building burn down.
Last night I watched How to Train Your Dragon. It was a great show. I also played foosball Friday and Saturday night. I'm ready for a tournament. I made fire roasted tomato soup today. From scratch. When I say scratch, I mean, not tomatoes out of a can. I mean I peeled the onions, chopped the tomatoes, and the garlic is from my papa's garden in Georgia. By the way, when you hold a potluck, don't ask anyone to bring soup. It's really hard to transport. Be considerate, have them bring something like jello that won't spill.
i thought i commented on this but i'm seeing now that i didn't. so apparently sisters forget too. sorry. ;-)
ReplyDeletei will say though that i've thought of this several times since i read it and it has brought a smile to my face thinking of what a sweet father we have. and it has inspired me to be better, nicer, and less add.
thanks for sharing emmy.
It sounds like your soup spilled. I hope not too much because it sounded delicious. How did it turn out? Can we make some really good food when you come home? And yes, Dad is extremely considerate.
ReplyDelete